Would you like to be a part of a renowned magazine on gender, diversity & feminism? Radboud Gender & Diversity Studies’ Raffia magazine is looking for new members!*
Do you like to stay up-to-date on news and debates about gender and diversity? We are looking for you to (help) create new and interesting content for our online magazine!
As a member of Raffia’s editorial board, you’ll get the chance to share your ideas with like-minded people via the magazine. After a while, you’ll have clear results of your efforts: published articles that you helped to coordinate. You’ll gain experience as a volunteer contributing to an online magazine and get to network in the field of gender and diversity.
* Just like any other position at Raffia magazine, this entails a voluntary position.
Who are we looking for?
Editors and writers:
- As a writer, you will have the chance to publish your piece, for instance, an article based on your thesis, essay or opinion piece.
- As an editor, you will be part of a group of people with similar interests, expanding your network, and gaining experience contributing to an online magazine. As an editor, you are always more than welcome to write your own articles for the magazine.
Social media manager:
We are looking for someone with:
- Some experience with Social Media and Communications or similar
- Communication and writing skills
- Available to join Raffia Magazine for a minimum period of 6 months
- Manage social media accounts
You are responsible for:
- Branding: concept and development of campaigns.
- Planning and publishing posts for Raffia’s social media channels.
- Creating and coordinating content for social media
Other creative talents?
If you would like to contribute in the form of video editing, graphic design, poetry, painting, spoken word or any other creative talents please get in touch!
What do we expect?
- Available for our bi-monthly meetings (either in person or via a virtual platform such as Zoom)
- Time to spend a few hours a week on your tasks
- We are looking for enthusiasm and commitment, writing and/or editorial experience aren’t required!
- Preferably we’re looking for RU students, but other candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Dutch speakers and English speakers are both welcome to apply.
Would you like to join Raffia? Or are you interested in occasionally writing something for us? We are always looking for enthusiastic new members. Send us your motivation and CV per email to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing the following:
- Affinity with gender & diversity
- Fields of interest
- Relevant experience (if applicable)
- Name and year of your studies (if applicable)
- Your contact information
Just like any other position at Raffia, this entails a voluntary position.
Raffia is an online magazine with informative and opinionated articles on issues of gender and diversity, affiliated with the Radboud University Gender & Diversity Studies. Raffia has a wide audience that keeps track of key concepts in gender studies and has articles in both English and in Dutch. It’s not a scientific journal and therefore offers possibilities of opening up different and new perspectives. We are based in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. However, since we are an online magazine, you can work remotely from wherever you are located.